The Chief Information Security Officer plays the key role in managing and setting the goals for Information Security initiatives for our client.
This role will require regular interaction with technical and business resources across the enterprise and throughout the overall IT organization. The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, and self-motivated technologist who is interested in practicing his or her skills, continuing to learn new ones and imparting that knowledge to others.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes, plans and executes the overall policies, goals and procedures for the Information Security team
- Create, communicate and implement a risk-based process for all third party business partners
- Work directly with the business units to create IT risk assessment and risk management policy and processes
- Develop and manage information security budgets, and monitor them for variances.
- Provide reporting on the status of the information security program to senior management teams and other internal constituencies as required
- Lead and initiate audits of the information security program to ensure policies are being implemented and executed on properly
- Manage security incidents and events to protect corporate IT assets, including intellectual property, regulated data and the company’s reputation.
Experience, Education and Skills:
- 8+ years in information security
- 4+ years managing information security teams
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent understanding of current security technologies
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and concepts
- Knowledge and understanding of Risk Management Frameworks